Specialist EOD Tools
- Crimp Tool
- Advanced Portable Explosives Detector
- Ammunition Oven
- K-Cutter Electronic Wire Cutter
- Lightweight Firing Cable and Black & Tan Detonator Cable
- Mine Prodder
- Non-Magnetic Toolkit
- Phoenix Flex - Combined Rigging Line & Firing Cable
- RCIED Training Aids
- Servicable DET-box RF Pouch
- Window Breaker L2A1
Phoenix Flex - Combined Rigging Line & Firing CableView Images
High performance rigging line with integral twisted-pair firing cable
125m reel (137 yards) 3.25kg
NSN No: 1385-99-613-5638
High performance rope with a twisted firing cable
Designed to eliminate the need to walk forward to a device dragging both a rigging line and a firing cable, Phoenix Flex is a new idea that combines the performance of a high specification low stretch rope with a twisted-pair firing cable.
The unique line can be used with any classic hook and line rigging equipment or disruptor and electronic initiator.
In uses its operation is identical to normal hook & line rope but offers ultra low stretch characteristic. Plus the rope ends can be stripped to reveal the integrated firing cable for connection to a disruptor or other explosive charges.
It is very easy for the rope to be re-used if the end is damaged; with the use of a ‘fid’ the line end loop can be easily remade and extra branch lines added. The firing cable has the same characteristics as traditional “black and tan” firing cable.
- Combined rope with integral firing cable
- Construction inner insulated twisted twin cable core
- Outer 12 strand fibre cover
- Ends not terminated
- Line length 125m (137 yards)
- Diameter 4.5mm
- Breaking strength 1.7 Tonnes (3813lbs) before continuity is lost
It is recommended that the cable be tested before re-use
Hook and line rope
- Stretch: very low
- UV resistance: good
- Colour: dark grey/black
- Stretch: <1% on worked and rested line
- Treatment: heat set / pre-stretched/ PU coating
- Melting point: 140 C (284 F)
- Splicing: easy using splicing fid kit
Multi-core firing cable
- Conductor material: tin plated copper
- Voltage rating: 600V AC
- Current rating: 10A
- Insulation: ETFE
- Construction: 2 cores uniformly twisted together, not less than
- Per metre: 60 complete twists
- Breaking strength of cable only
- 12-14Kg (26 – 30lbs) before continuity is lost
- DEF STAN 61-12 part 29
You may also be interested in...
In service with the UK MoD and security agencies around the world, the ABP Crimp...
Exceptionally versatile, Guardian can deploy a range of weapons and tools to car...
The HD6 is suited to both civilian and military use and is in service with the U...