A rugged spring-loaded remotely line-triggered and highly reliable non-explosive wire cutter, it is used for silently cutting command wire, arming wire or pull cord command lines.
The Korona wire cutter is a simple tool for rapid deployment during routine route clearance and isolation of vulnerable points by dismounted troops.
- Manual spring-wound firing mechanism
- Trigger weight of 786g (28oz)
- Silent operation
- Ceramic blades cut a 14mm section out of the wire, preventing any possible short-circuit activating the IED
- Remaining wire is released
- Cuts multi-stranded copper core wire upto 7mm diameter
- Blades rotate to offer multiple fresh cutting edges
- Blades are easily replaced in minutes
- Non-conductive chemical-resistant mechanism and housing
- Sealed mechanism to prevent ingress of sand and dust
- Double safety mechanism to prevent misfire
- Tether points to anchor cutter and prevent pull back of wire when blades slice through the wire
Weight Full kit – 1.1Kg (2.4lbs) Cutter only – 553g (19.5oz)
Dimensions 270mm long (armed), 220 mm long (unarmed) 40mm diameter (10.6” armed, 8.6” unarmed, 1.6” diameter)
Construction Non-conductive chemical-resistant casing, ceramic blades
KORONA kit comprises
- Wire cutter
- Ceramic blades
- 50m high performance pulling line & carabiner
- Allen key
- Non-conductive ground anchors
- Leg pouch for carrying and stowing all components
You may also be interested in...
In service with the UK MoD and security agencies around the world, the ABP Crimp...
Exceptionally versatile, Guardian can deploy a range of weapons and tools to car...
The HD6 is suited to both civilian and military use and is in service with the U...